Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Beginning of Now


I was inspired yesterday by a brief, yet wonderful, conversation I had with my dear high school friend who is now living in Alabama. She had sent a "blog" to some friends about her experiences over the last year and the culmination of that year in Tuesday's inaugural events. The problem was that it was just an email and not a formal blog (I know, a bit of an oxymoron). I told her the world would benefit from hearing her words in a real blog, that it was sooooo easy to do and everybody had one! Well, easy to say. I didn't have one.

So, here I am with my first blog entry in a blog dedicated to many of the things that inspire me. I intend to use this space to share my thoughts, emotions, ideas and creations when they intersect with the world of art, paper, pens, words and books. Please feel free to share with me your favorite things.

Today, I will share a piece that I created about three years ago. It is free italic calligraphy in blue and green ink (mixed with the genius of Parallel Pens). It reminds me that NOW is what is and nothing else. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Very inspiring, Neds! Thank you for sharing and for encouraging the rest of us! Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgive if this is a dupe comment: my first attempt vaporized.

    Helvetica was in my Netflix queue and I just bumped it up to the TOP! I took the quiz and I am HELVETICA! "You're like an industry standard. Classic. Reliable. Okay, maybe a bit boring. But don't let the haters get you down -- after all, you've still got plenty of friends who think you're the best."

    And (true confessions!), I DO use HELVETICA for all of my business documents!

    Nedy, I love your blog! xxxooodlh

    ReplyDelete