Thursday, March 26, 2009

Grungeboard Creations

It has been a while since I have nurtured my creative spirit. In the midst of professional transition, personal challenges and an active 17 month old, Creativity was collecting dust on the bottom shelf. Well, a recent visit to the Rubber Stamp Convention in Carson, CA was all the inspiration I needed. It was a smaller convention than usual but I didn't mind because it allowed me to slow down and actually watch some demonstrations. I spent most of my time at the Tim Holtz booth, watching the artists there and picking up some new tips and tricks. I learned how to make my own version of Tattered Angels' Glimmer Mist by mixing water with Perfect Pearls (which I already had at home but didn't know what to do with!) in a $1.75 mini spray bottle (saving myself about 8 bucks). My favorite purchase was Tim Holtz's Grungeboard which takes ink like paper but acts like leather. The night I came home, I made a series of tag cards celebrating Spring's arrival. Over the course of the last couple of weeks, I had fun making a 20 page journal for a friend. Here are some pictures. Enjoy!

1 comment: