Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Now That's a Book Bag!

I was listening to NPR today and heard an interview with a woman named Caitlin who made purses out of books. I gasped as I listened to her cutting the pages out of a book with her X-acto knife. It felt so wrong somehow. And then, as I continued to listen to her, I became curious. She clearly is an artist with a vision. She makes the purses from actual book covers, usually those she rescued from library discards, yard sales, thrift shops, etc. She then finds fabric and beads and hardware to complement the book. The results are truly beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Neds! I always look forward to finding a posting in my inbox ... it's like having a Godiva Cognac/Dark Chocolate Truffle to start my day.

    The book purses are fantastic. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nedy - you DO find fascinating book-related gems to post about! Love it!

    ReplyDelete